Reporting to: Senior Digital Project Manager
Location: Holywood, N. Ireland
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 8th February 2021
What we’re all about:
Our mission is to be a trusted strategic partner to our Clients. We are creatively restless, respectful, fearless, innovative, invested and always effective. Setting and smashing those targets we set ourselves has allowed our team to grow bigger than ever, so we need more people who will share in our goal of achieving spectacular results for every Client.
As a fully-integrated Agency, we offer Strategy, Advertising, Design, Digital, Videography, Media and Branding, as well as PR through our sister company LK Communications – and that’s just scratching the surface.
More than that, we’re all about our people. Inside our offices, you’ll find a friendly and collaborative group of innovative professionals all striving for the same goals: to create brilliant work and exceed expectations every step of the way.
Interested in working alongside industry experts on some of the UK & Ireland’s best-known brands? Enjoy a flexible, collaborative and stimulating work environment? Ready to drive your career forward with an ever-growing, innovative company? Then this is the place for you!
Who we’re looking for:
Ardmore is looking for a Web Developer to build and maintain PHP websites using WordPress, Symfony and other platforms. You will be responsible for driving new technology across the business and ensuring the final production quality of each website is best in class. .
What you’ll be doing:
Ardmore is looking for a Web Developer to build and maintain PHP websites using WordPress, Symfony and other platforms. You will be responsible for driving new technology across the business and ensuring the final production quality of each website is best in class.
- Developing websites for key clients using WordPress, Symfony, Laravel and other platforms.
- Working with the Project Manager, Web/UX Designers and Account Managers to create effective technical solutions.
- Testing solutions to ensure cross-device and cross-browser compatibility.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing websites, working with server teams to ensure all applications are hosted securely.
- Driving new technology and innovation across the business, including improving internal processes.
- Ensuring project methodologies are followed in line with best practice and improved upon where possible.
- Maintaining and developing a detailed understanding of all disciplines and arenas in which the Agency transacts, in order to enhance the both Agency’s and Clients’ competitive advantages.
- Making a sustainable positive contribution to the future success of the Company.
- Complying with Data Protection Regulations with regard to safeguarding customers’ sensitive information at all times.
- Adhering to and supporting all other company policies, procedures, processes and working practices.
- Performing any other duties as may reasonably be required from time-to-time.
What you need:
- Ongoing evidence of commitment to personal growth.
- Proven & demonstrable Web Development experience.
- Intimate knowledge of WordPress & other PHP platforms/frameworks.
Skills / Knowledge / Competencies / Disposition
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, written and oral
- Excellent organising and planning skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritise
- Proactive approach and ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible approach with ability to work individually or within a team and cope with tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and dependable.
- Flexible and adjustable with the ability to work additional hours when required.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
- Two satisfactory employment references. One should be your current or most recent employer.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Membership of Professional Body.
- Experience with .NET and other development languages.
- Experience with creating technical and functional specification documents.
- Client facing experience.
Closing date:the closing date for CVs will be as listed via the recruitment channel (ie Website). Late CVs will not be considered.
Shortlisting: only candidates who clearly demonstrate how they meet the essential criteria will be shortlisted. The panel reserves the right to apply all or part of the desirable criteria at the shortlisting stage.
Reserve list: a reserve list of candidates may be maintained for the purpose of any similar vacancies (temporary or permanent) that may arise within 12 months of this recruitment process.
Employment offer: any employment offer is subject to satisfactory completion of background checks, two employment references, proof of right to work in the UK and proof of any required qualifications.
Ardmore is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All appointments will be made on the basis of merit.